Service Strategy & Business Plan
Objectives and targets
The core objective for the next three years is to grow our impact through enhancing and replicating
our current work. Central to this is sustaining and extending the existing projects. Our current model
of successful mobilisation gives us a strong market position and allows us to confidently assure
commissioners of the quality of delivery which we will create.
Honing our implementation model and defining it for ourselves and for others will enable us to build
on our position. FPM has leading experience of the implementation, replication and adaptation of
clinical models in Children’s Services. This skill set has a value in the marketplace as taking a model
and implementing it is neither straight forward nor is successful achievement of outcomes in any
The FPM model of implementation is based on craft, experience and underpinning academic work
concerning implementation in complex systems. FPM has learned about what the key issues are and
how to manage the system and political environment in order to achieve the best conditions to
facilitate the new intervention from mobilisation to achievement and then sustainability. This can be
where FPM is the provider or as Programme Manager guiding and directing an implementation
process. Developing and articulating this model is a piece of work for FPM to further define and
establish so that the key elements are set out for others to follow and to ensure the continuity of
expertise within the company.
- In 2020/21 we aim to have further developed our implementation model, standardised it where appropriate, and articulated it ready for presentation to potential partners for replication.
- In 2021/22 we aim to have appraised options for replication and chosen a preferred route to scale. Options will include organic growth through satellite offices, and franchising arrangements.
The focus for future growth in the medium term will be for the existing models. However we will not
ignore how the market develops and what new opportunities are created.
In support of our growth ambition, and to allow us to articulate a compelling model, we have set
targets across three further complementary areas:
- We want to grow the impact we have with families through improving our service, and increasing our total number of clients. In turn this will help to prove the efficacy of our model which will support our growth ambitions.
- We want to increase the surpluses that the business generates to allow for investment in service improvement and in our employees.
- We want to be an exemplar of employee ownership in the delivery of mental health services, measured by sustained exceptional employee engagement figures.